The vision was cast at Bertie Brethren in Christ Church by a group of young people to begin a missionary outreach into the city of Niagara Falls. Ross and Thelma Sider, Leo and Miriam Bearss, and Ross and Roxena Nigh were three couples that spearheaded this step of faith to the war-time housing on the south side of Niagara Falls. It was decided to begin with the work as a Sunday School, held in the Community Center on the corner of Cadham Street and Drummond Road. On that first morning, May 28, 1950, 46 students and teachers were present. Assisting these three couples on that early staff were Abby Sider (Winger), Donna Saylor (Fredrich), Ray Sider, Marilyn Lichtenberger (Fretz), Lorna Sider (Hogg), Lester Fretz, Leonard Sider, and Howard and Jean Fretz, Jr.
In the spring of 1952, the Community Chapel was purchased and used for Sunday School and evening worship services until 1956. This small building was soon found to be inadequate for our growing Sunday School (averaging 100+) and plans were made for larger accommodations. Property was purchased just two lots from the Chapel and construction was begun in the spring of 1955. Many hours of donated labour were given during the succeeding months and the basement facilities were dedicated on August 5, 1956. A full schedule of services was held in the basement until the completion of the sanctuary, which was dedicated on Nov. 22, 1959. Continued expansion of our church programs required larger facilities and after many months of prayerful study, seeking to find God’s will, the congregation gave approval to a building program which gave us our present facility which was dedicated May 24, 1970.